Our mission was to help bring PR and media attention to the launch of the fabulous new Atheneum Spa at Malta’s five-star Corinthia Palace. How could we resist?
OK, we have to admit: this project was a really special one!
We’ve been working with the Corinthia Palace on the hotel’s public relations for nearly 10 years – and we love being part of their extended team. The product – one of the top luxury hotels on the island of Malta – is unparalleled, their approach completely aligns with our own, and their team is marvellous.
Help them launch their reimagined, luxury spa? We were in!
The Atheneum has been a pioneering spa since it was first unveiled in the 1990s. It closed in 2018 to undergo a complete transformation, and was reimagined as a contemporary oasis of tranquillity, where hotel guests and local clients can find calm and wellbeing for both body and mind.
Its state-of-the-art facilities include a thermal Vitality Suite, heated marble beds, a sauna and steam room, a nail bar, seven treatment rooms, a relaxation lounge and terrace, an indoor pool with a jacuzzi, and a large outdoor pool. Meanwhile, the holistic health of each guest is supported with treatments tailored to their individual needs, created from a range of natural ingredients. This sensorial guest experience is further nurtured by the Spa’s elegant architecture, which draws upon Maltese culture and unique artisanal character.
The Finesse PR Plan
We worked with both Corinthia’s international PR partners and the local media to craft a campaign designed to bring significant (and deserved!) attention to the Atheneum relaunch. This included:
- Selecting the right traditional media (including magazines and newspapers) to feature in the campaign
- Choosing the best online platforms to highlight the new Spa
- Creating the content strategy for both online and print
- Writing the content to implement that strategy
- Balancing paid-for and earned media to ensure visibility where it was needed most
- Creating the content for aspects of the Athenaeum’s social media
- Working with the hotel team to conceptualise a COVID-safe press launch for the Spa
- Curating the guestlist for the launch event, and helping to host the event on the night
- Selecting key collaborators for combined brand building
- Working with press and social influencers to maximise exposure for the Spa
- Ensuring a cohesive message across the campaign, and the desired outcome for the Athenaeum: all the media and public attention it deserves!
The result? The Spa got the welcome it needed to catapult it into the spotlight. No stone was left unturned and the Atheneum was the talk of the town. Thank you for choosing us to be part of it!
Here at the Finesse Group, effective public relations is our passion. We absolutely love watching our clients get the attention they deserve. If you are looking for ideas and support for your next PR campaign, we’d love to help! Get in touch on [email protected]